DART On Demand Frequently Asked Questions
If I book a trip, how long will it take for my bus to arrive?
- Wait times can vary. When booking a trip, it may take 5 to 30 minutes for the bus to arrive. You will be given an estimated time when you book your trip.
How much does it cost to ride DART On Demand?
- Rides are $1 for a limited time. Riders who qualify for half fare and children ages 6-10 can ride for $0.50. Children 5 and under ride free.
Can I book a ride for more than 1 person?
- You can bring up to seven additional passengers. Please note that each additional passenger will need to pay a fare. It is important to include all people you are traveling with, including children, when you book your trip to ensure there are enough available seats on the bus.
Are vehicles wheelchair accessible?
- Yes! Please let us know you need a wheelchair accessible ride when you setup your account. This can be done in the app and on the web portal by tapping your profile picture or image at the top of the app menu and tapping the wheelchair accessibility toggle to turn it on. If someone in your party needs an accessible ride, please indicate that when adding passengers to your booking.
- It is important to indicate that you are using a mobility device to ensure there are enough seats for you and other passengers.
Can I schedule trips in advance?
- Yes, you can schedule trips up to seven days in advance. This can be done in the app and on the web portal by tapping “schedule” once you have entered your start and end locations. Riders have the option to schedule by pickup time or the time they would like to arrive at their destination.
Can I book a ride outside of the DART On Demand zone?
- No, DART on Demand operates within a designated zone (link to pdf of zone). All trips have to start and end within the zone. Riders can book a trip to any bus stop within the zone to connect to DART’s Fixed Route service. Riders can connect to Express Route 98 and Local Route 4 within the zone.
Why am I not able to book my ride?
- All trips must start and end within the DART On Demand zone. If either location is outside of the zone, you are not able to book the trip.
Can I cancel my ride?
- Yes, if you no longer wish to take your booked trip, please cancel the trip in a timely fashion. You can cancel your trip by the same way you booked your trip; through the DART on Demand app, in the web portal or by calling Customer Service at 515-283-8100. You will not be charged for a trip canceled before your scheduled pickup time.
I booked a trip and my bus never showed up, what do I do?
- If your bus did not show up and you are not able to track it in real-time, please call Customer Service at 515-283-8100.
My bus was supposed to be here by now and it’s not, is it still coming?
- You can monitor your ride in real-time using the DART on Demand app.
- If you booked through the web portal or by calling Customer Service, you can enable text updates to get real-time information about your trip.
- If you are not able to track your ride in real-time, please call customer service at 515-283-8100 for assistance.
What do the DART On Demand buses look like?
- All buses are branded with DART’s logo and colors and the sign above the windshield will read DART On Demand.
Who is driving the buses?
- Professionally trained drivers from DART will operate the buses.
Are there age requirements for using DART on Demand?
- Yes, riders must be 13 years of age or older to book a trip and children under 5 must ride with an adult.
Can I use the MyDART app to plan a trip, book a trip or pay for a ride?
- The MyDART app may only be used to pay for a trip using a mobile pass.
- Planning and booking a trip must be done in the DART On Demand app, in the web portal or by calling Customer Service at 515-283-8100.
I am an Unlimited Access rider. Do I ride DART On Demand fare free?
- Yes, all Unlimited Access riders can ride DART on Demand fare free. When booking through the app, please select “DART Unlimited Access ID” as your payment method and show the operator your eligible ID or scan your MyDART app mobile pass when you board the bus.
I am eligible for half fare. How do I access half fare in the DART On Demand App?
- Riders eligible for half fare need to verify their half fare status at the customer service window at DART Central Station. Once verified, the half fare rate will show up in the DART On Demand app.
Still have questions about DART On Demand? Please call DART customer service at 515-283-8100.