DART staff provides small group training to help individuals learn to ride the bus in Greater Des Moines. Training will demonstrate how to plan a trip, read maps and schedules, recognize bus stops, pay fares, practice rider safety and more. How to Ride Training sessions are free and open to the public.
How to Ride Training sessions for 2020 are scheduled on the following dates:
- Wednesday, January 15th from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, February 14th from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 14th from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, April 16th from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 12th from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Monday, June 15th from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, July 17th from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 12th from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 15th from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, October 10th from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Monday, November 16th from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, December 17th from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
All How to Ride Training sessions will be held in the Multimodal Room at DART Central Station (620 Cherry Street, Des Moines).
For questions please contact DART Mobility Coordinator Catlin Curry at 515-246-2526 or firstname.lastname@example.org. No reservations are necessary.