DART will operate the new Local Route 10 servicing East University and Pleasant Hill beginning Monday, November 21, 2016. The Route 10 will be free to ride through December 31, 2016.
- NEW: Local Route 10 – East University: Route will serve Pleasant Hill and the new Broadlawns clinic on East University weekdays from 6:15 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. Route details include:
- Morning and afternoon peak service to and from Pleasant Hill will be moved from Local Route 1 to Local Route 10 and will run on the same schedule as the current Pleasant Hill trips on Route 1.
- Added midday service will be hourly.
- A new Park & Ride lot will be added at Copper Creek. AM trips will pick up on the north side of Little Fourmile Creek Drive, just east of Copper Creek Drive PM trips will drop off on the south side of Little Fourmile Creek Drive, just east of Copper Creek Drive.
- Route will serve Pleasant Hill, a new Park & Ride at Copper Creek, Broadlawns East University Clinic, Iowa State Fairgrounds, Hiatt Middle School, East High School, the Iowa State Capitol Complex, East Village, downtown and DART Central Station.
- Local Route 1 – Fairgrounds: The schedules will reflect removing the Pleasant Hill trips from the Route 1 timetable and map. Routing from Grand and E. 14th Street to Grand and E. 30th Street will not change. Frequency on Route 1 will be reduced to 30-minute service during the morning and afternoon commutes.
New schedules are now available on ridedart.com in the links above. Printed schedules will be available at DART Central Station and on DART buses beginning Wednesday, November 16.
Anyone with questions or concerns about the November Service Change should contact DART Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-283-8100.