DART is collecting feedback on proposed changes to service so that it better fits the needs of our riders and member communities. Of the changes proposed, DART is looking at moving forward with changes that would update service in the City of Ankeny.
Ankeny On Call
The Ankeny On Call is a door-to-door service that provides travel to destinations within the City of Ankeny. The Ankeny On Call picks riders up from a location in Ankeny and travels to bus stops, businesses, places of interest, etc. within the service area.
This On Call service operates on weekdays between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. and riders must reserve a trip at least a day in advance by calling DART Customer Service.
DART is proposing to pilot a new “microtransit” service within the City of Ankeny. This new service, operated by DART, is an on call service which can be scheduled on-demand by smartphone or through calling DART Customer Service. The bus will receive trip requests in real-time and will offer same-day door-to-door service, transporting riders to different destinations within the City of Ankeny service area. Mictrotransit will still accommodate riders who choose to call Customer service to reserve a ride, The hours of operation for the service would expand to 6 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Wait times per trip would be dependent on how far away the Operator was at the time the ride was requested and how many other people request a trip around the same time.
Due to the ongoing spread of COVID-19 in central Iowa, DART is unable to hold large, in-person meetings in each community to collect feedback. So instead, we will be offering several virtual options for riders and residents to let us know what they think.
- Virtual public meeting: DART will host a virtual public meeting focused on the changes happening in Ankeny. Interpreters available for this meeting upon request. If you would like to request an interpreter, please call DART Customer Service at 515-283-8100 by February 24, 2021.
- When: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 6 p.m.
- Where: Virtual via Zoom, click here for login information
- Online info session: DART Chief Planning Officer Luis Montoya will hold a Facebook Live session to share some background on the Transit Optimization Study and specifics on the changes DART is proposing. Riders can submit questions on Facebook before the event or ask questions “live.”
- When: Monday, March 1, 2021 at Noon.
- Where: Live on DART’s Facebook page
- Via phone call: Riders can share their thoughts on the proposed changes by calling DART Customer Service at 515-283-8100 option 0. They can either leave a comment with Customer Service or request a member of DART’s Planning Team call them directly to discuss the changes.
- Via email: Riders can submit their comments to the changes by emailing comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Survey: Feel free to leave any specific comments you have on these changes in the form below. Remember to indicate if you would like to have a member of DART’s team contact you about your comments.