DART Paratransit Eligibility
DART Bus Plus Eligibility
Request for service can be made by calling DART Paratransit at 515-283-8136 Monday through Friday between 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM. Reservations for Sunday and Monday travel can be made on Saturday and Sunday between 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM by calling 515-283-8147 and leaving a voicemail message with the client name, contact number, and trip details. DART staff will return the passenger's call to schedule a trip. Reservations will be accepted up to seven (7) days prior to the trip date. Passengers can schedule a trip up to 5:00 PM on weekdays and 4:00PM on weekends the day before the trip date.
The following information must be ready when calling Paratransit to make a reservation:
- The addresses where the trip will start and where it will end.
- The requested pick up time or needed arrival time.
- Any special instructions such as assistance needed, or if a personal care attendant (PCA) will be traveling on the trip.
- Assistance will be provided from the door of the house or building to the bus and back.
- The Bus Plus driver will not be able to help passengers with non-transportation requests such as helping put on a coat or locking a door.
- Driver assistance with a mobility device on steps is not guaranteed and will be limited to a maximum of two steps. This service is based on the size of the passenger, the height of the step and the driver’s ability.
- Assistance is to the first door only.
- Please limit packages or bags to what you can carry on board in one boarding trip and you can keep in control while the bus is in motion. Bags or packages should not block the aisle. You may request the driver’s assistance loading and unloading packages or bags. Packages or bags should weigh no more than 15 pounds.
- When a family member or other individual is available, he or she will be expected to provide assistance rather than the driver.
Traveling Companion and Personal Care Attendant (PCA)
Paratransit/Bus Plus Policies
Some customers may be able to use the Local Route bus service if they were provided transportation to a bus stop. In these cases, the Paratransit/Bus Plus service will pick the customers up at their curb and take them to a bus stop, where they will need to transfer to the Local Route bus service to complete their trip.
Visitors with disabilities who cannot use the regular fixed-route system are eligible to utilize DART complementary paratransit service. The visitor may be asked to provide to DART certain documentation to verify eligibility, nature of their disability, and/or residence. If the visitor has been certified as “ADA paratransit eligible” by a public transit provider, DART paratransit will honor the approval and will provide up to twenty one (21) days of visitor ADA complementary paratransit service during a 365 day period. If visitors have not been certified as eligible by another public entity but claim they are ADA paratransit eligible, they will be allowed “presumptive eligibility” and shall be provided with up to 21 consecutive days of paratransit service.
DART follows all requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), including amendments to clarify existing rules under 49 CFR Part 27 and 37 implemented on July 13, 2015. Per the new guidelines, DART has established the following policy and procedures for considering reasonable modifications to DART policies and practices.
To review the full policy, click here.
To request a reasonable modification, either:
- Complete and submit the online form below or
- Click here to view or download the PDF. This form may be submitted via email after completing the fields in the electronic PDF form.