Posted on May, 15 2017
Beginning Sunday, June 4, 2017, DART is making the following service changes:
- Minor time adjustments will be made to schedules for Local Routes 6 and 16
- Local Route 6 – Indianola Avenue will re-route to serve Principal Park on SW 2nd/SW 3rd. Because of this change,
- Buses will travel to/from DART Central Station via W Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway, SW 2nd/SW 3rd and Indianola Avenue.
- Route 6 will no longer run on SW 7th from W Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway to Thomas Beck Road/Indianola Road, or on Indianola Road from SW 7th to Indianola Avenue.
- Stops on SW 7th from W. Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway to Thomas Beck Road/Indianola Road that were previously served by Route 6 will continue to be served by Local Route 8.
New schedules will be available on ridedart.com beginning on Monday, May 15, 2017. Printed schedules will be available at DART Central Station and on DART buses beginning Wednesday, May 31, 2017.
Bus stops will be added to serve the newly routed portion of Local Route 6. Those stops will be located at:
- W Martin Luther King Jr Parkway and SW 5th Street
- SW 3rd Street/SW 2nd Street and Line Drive
- SW 2nd Street and Jackson Avenue (northbound/inbound only)
- Indianola Avenue and East Dunham Avenue
- Indianola Avenue and Indianola Road/SE 1st Street
For more information, please call Customer Service at 515-283-8100 or email email@example.com.