Posted on April, 19 2022
TSA mask requirement ends, COVID precautions continue
The Transportation Safety Administration (TSA) announced it is no longer enforcing a mask requirement on public transit and airlines, effective immediately.
What does this mean?
Masks are no longer required while riding DART or while inside DART Central Station. Anyone who wants to wear a mask is welcome to do so. DART will continue to offer masks on board its buses and inside DART Central Station, even after the requirement ends.
In addition, passengers in a mobility device will notice a return to pre-pandemic procedures for mobility securement.
COVID mitigation continues
DART will continue several of the public health measures it implemented in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, including:
- Daily cleaning and sanitizing of all DART vehicles and inside the common spaces of DART facilities.
- Asking riders and staff to remain home and refrain from riding or using DART facilities if they are sick.
- Providing masks and sanitizer on buses and in high traffic areas of DART facilities.
- Operators will continue to leave windows open on the bus as weather allows to increase air circulation.
Questions for DART
Anyone with questions is encouraged to reach out to Customer Service by:
- Visiting the window at DART Central Station (620 Cherry St., Des Moines),
- Calling 515-283-8100 selecting option 0, or
- Emailing email@example.com