Posted on July, 7 2011
What: A proposed new transit system for Greater Des Moines – in the form of the DART Forward 2035 Recommendations – will be released for public review at a series of meetings the week of July 18th.
Why: More than 1,300 members of the public helped guide the development of the recommendations this spring through their valuable input during public meetings and in an online survey. Now, DART is seeking the public’s feedback on the service changes that are being recommended before the plan is finalized this fall. The recommendations include not only a redesigned route network, but they also identify five corridors for possible enhanced transit services.
Meetings: Each meeting will include a presentation on the proposed service changes, as well as a question-and-answer session with DART staff and consultants with Transportation Management & Design.
MONDAY, JULY 18
• 5 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., East Side Library, 2559 Hubbell Avenue, Des Moines
• 7 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., Kirkendall Public Library, 1210 NW Prairie Ridge Drive, Ankeny
TUESDAY, JULY 19
• 3 p.m. – 5 p.m., Des Moines Central Library, 1000 Grand Avenue, Des Moines
• 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m., Des Moines South Side Library, 1111 Porter Avenue, Des Moines
WEDNESDAY, JULY 20
• 5 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., Northside Senior Center, Park Fair Mall, 100 East Euclid Avenue, Suite 107, Des Moines
• 7 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., Merle Hay Mall, 3850 Merle Hay Road, Northside Meeting Room,
THURSDAY, JULY 21
• 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m., Des Moines Central Library, 1000 Grand Avenue, Des Moines
• 5 p.m. – 6 :30 p.m., West Des Moines Community Center, South Dining Room, 217 5th Street, West Des Moines
• 7 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., Urbandale Public Library, 3520 86th Street, Urbandale
More info: More information about DART Forward 2035 is available online at www.ridedart.com/dart-forward-2035.cfm.
Services: Language and transportation services are available at meetings upon request. For requests, please call DART Schedule Information at 515.281.8100.