Posted on January, 21 2011
Beginning Sunday, February 6, 2011, DART will implement the following changes to better serve our customers.
- Schedule times and/or maps will be improved on Routes #3, #4, #5, #6, #11, #71, #90, #91, #93, #95 and #98.
- Weekend Routes #1 – Fairgrounds and #11 – Ingersoll Avenue/West Des Moines: When Routes #1 and #11 arrive at Walnut & 5th, the buses will interlink (the #1 will become the #11 and vice versa) on weekends, similar to the current midday service on weekdays. All buses will continue to line-up on the Burger King side of Walnut at 7th facing westbound.
- Route #1 – Fairgrounds: Passengers will have the added opportunity to connect with the newly extended #7 – Hubbell Route going to and from the Altoona Wal-Mart. Transfers will be coordinated at Hubbell Avenue & E. 42nd between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekends.
- Route #7 – Fort Des Moines/Hubbell: Service will be extended to the Altoona Wal-Mart on weekdays during the midday and on weekends. Other enhancements include:
• The weekday Hubbell Route will operate every 30 minutes during the midday service and will go to and from the Altoona Wal-Mart.
• The weekday Fort Des Moines midday trips to Southridge Mall will be expanded from every 60 minutes to every 30 minutes from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. The additional trips will travel Army Post Road to and from Southridge Mall. Minor adjustments will be made to the existing County Line Road trips.
• The current weekday Hubbell Route loop from E. 29th & Euclid to E. 25th & Aurora will continue to receive hourly service and will also travel to and from the Altoona Wal-Mart.
• The weekday Hubbell route will have ten midday trips that will travel via Hubbell Avenue, between Easton and Guthrie, emulating the current Saturday and Sunday route that goes by K-Mart and the East Side Library.
• All Saturday and Sunday hourly trips will be expanded to the Altoona Wal-Mart and all trips will travel via Hubbell Avenue past K-Mart and the East Side Library, between Easton and Guthrie. The Hubbell route loop from E. 29th & Euclid to E. 25th & Aurora will also continue to have hourly weekend trips, with service to and from the Altoona Wal-Mart.
- Route #40 – The LINK: Routes A and B will be combined to one route with 15 minute service operating from 5:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. The revised LINK will travel south on 7th to Walnut, north on 8th to Park, east to 6th and to the Center Street Park & Ride.
- Regional On-Call: The Regional On-Call will be re-structured to a reservation basis with no time points which will allow passengers more flexibility in scheduling curb-to-curb trips within each zone. The Regional On-Call will operate Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. with an added day to Carlisle which will now run on Thursdays and Fridays. Route #1 – Fairgrounds passengers will be able to connect with the Bondurant/Mitchellville On-Call on Mondays by transferring to Route #7 Hubbell to the Altoona Wal-Mart at Hubbell & E. 42nd.
New schedules will be available:
On the buses beginning Wednesday, February 2, 2011 and
On the DART website beginning January 21, 2011.
Reminder: DART services will not operate on Monday, May 30, 2011
in observance of the Memorial Day holiday.
If you have questions, please call DART at 283-8100
NEXT SCHEDULED SERVICE CHANGE: JUNE 2011
PDF Files of the Schedules Effective Sunday, February 6, 2011
- Route 1 pdf
- Route 3 pdf
- Route 4 pdf
- Route 5 pdf
- Route 6 pdf
- Route 7 pdf
- Route 11 pdf
- Route 71 pdf
- Route 90 pdf
- Route 91 pdf
- Route 93 pdf
- Route 95 pdf
- Route 98 pdf
- THE LINK pdf
- Clive On Call pdf
- Grimes On Call pdf
- Urbandale On Call pdf
- Regional On Call- Alleman, Bondurant & Mitchellville pdf
- Regional On Call - Carlisle pdf
- Regional On Call - Granger, Grimes & Polk City pdf