The free D-Line runs in a loop, every 15 minutes, providing service from the State Capitol Complex and the East Village to the Western Gateway. Just hop on the bus at any of the stops – no fare needed.
Weekdays 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturdays 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
How to Ride Tips
The D-Line is a great way to try transit for the first time. It's a free-to-ride route, so you can simply hop on the bus. And, the 10-minute frequency means you don't need to follow a schedule to see when the next bus is coming. Here are a couple tips if you are new to the bus:
- Look for D-Line bus stop signs on Locust and Grand. Arrive at your bus stop three to five minutes early and wait where the driver can see you.
- As the bus approaches, check the sign above the windshield to make sure it displays the name “D-Line.”
- Because the D-Line is a free-to-ride route, simply hop on the bus, find a seat and enjoy the ride.
- Stay alert and remember to signal the driver about a block before your stop—you do this by pulling the cord above the window or pressing the stop button on the hand rails about a block before your stop.
- If you are not sure where to get off, please ask the driver when you get on the bus. Our drivers are happy to help you!
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I bring on the bus?
Grocery bags, coolers, baby strollers and most items from the Farmers' Market are allowed on DART buses. There is no eating or drinking while on the bus, but you are welcome to bring food and beverages as long as they are in closed containers. For the safety of all passengers, we ask riders to keep the aisles clear and collapse any strollers or chairs they may have with them.
Where can I park near the D-Line route?
Parking meters and parking ramps are located along the D-Line, including free parking in some areas. Click here to learn more about parking in downtown Des Moines.
DART Customer Service
For questions or additional information, please contact DART Customer Service at 515-283-8100 or email@example.com.